Sunday 19 June 2011

FATHER'S DAY



FATHER'S DAY


I get up at 9.00 am. With coffee in hand, grabbed the newspaper and got myself comfortable on my deck.

Being Father's Day, I decided that should "thank GOD"... so, at 10.30 to Church I went. A normal religious service with lots of applause in the beginning and end to congratulate all "dads".

Didn't felt like going anywhere, so back home.

Received text messages from my oldest daughter and 2 friends with happy wishes.

Grabbed a leftover sandwich for lunch and another coffee.

At 1.00pm I called my father in Portugal... Talked with the family for 34 minutes being cut off for unknown reason... Nice to hear everyones voices, but not so happy to hear the realities of misery and sadness of  things that we can't control -- my father, suffering from age related illnesses, my sister without a job and stuck caring for my parents, her autistic son in need of treatment, her oldest son without a job and no effort to look for one... the neglect of the country house and land... God... I heard enough!

Enough to make me decide to have a nap so I didn't get more depressed.

Spent some time in the gazebo while on the computer, reading online news and listen to music.

It's a hot day... a bee nest close by makes me uncomfortable!

At 6.00pm to the Agostinos house for a BBQ dinner -- salads, steak, chicken, sausages, lobster, etc. Has been long since I had lobster...

Good food and fun conversation with good company.

For dessert... we had 2 ice cream cakes... repeats (due to lack of communication).






Gift time... My daughters gave me gift certicates - Canadian Tire and Tim Hortons, a pre-downloaded music DVD and a card "to the Greatest Dad".

Came home and watch the MTV Awards - no much to watch on TV

At 1.00am - time to say goodnite -- work tomorrow -- and wishing Father's Day was celebrated every day.... Could be? It's is...if Love is in the family... a DAD always be a DAD.





No comments:

Post a Comment