Friday 29 April 2011

THE ROYAL WEDDING

The moment the crowd was waiting for ... Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge kiss on the balcony at Buckingham Palace.


The couple looked lovingly at each other as they exchanged a few words, William looking down to admire the length of Kate’s dramatic dress.

The Archbishop asked William: “Wilt thou love her, comfort her, honour and keep her, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all other, keep thee only unto her, so long as ye both shall live?”

William’s voice crackled slightly as he said: I will.”
As Kate said “I will” to the same vows there was a loud cheer from the crowd outside.

William spoke steadily and confidently as he repeated the words after the Archbishop, saying:

“I, William Arthur Philip Louis, take thee, Catherine Elizabeth to my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse: for richer, for poorer; in sickness and in health; to love and to cherish, till death us do part, according to God’s holy law; and thereto I give thee my troth.”



No comments:

Post a Comment