Friday 16 September 2011

IBM 2011 COMMUTER PAIN SURVEY

IBM 2011 Commuter Pain Survey


The survey, which polled 8,042 commuters in 20 cities on six continents, is conducted by IBM to better understand consumer attitudes around traffic congestion as the issue reaches crisis proportions around the world. IBM compiled the results of the survey into its Commuter Pain Index that ranks the emotional and economic toll of commuting in each city, with the highest ranking being the most onerous.

The IBM Commuter Pain Index, illustrated in this speedometer graphic, ranks the emotional and economic toll of commuting in 20 international cities. From right to left, cities are plotted from least painful starting with Montreal and gradually increase to the most painful city, Mexico City.

Stuck in traffic...again. It's a common refrain among commuters worldwide. What will traffic be like half an hour before I leave? When do I need to leave to make my flight? Do I have time to grab a coffee before the bus arrives? Will there be a parking space for me when I get to where I'm going?

Smarter Traffic systems mean being able to put it all together ahead of time so you can anticipate, plan, predict, even avoid.

http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/presskit/35314.wss

No comments:

Post a Comment